Summer in the Synagogue under White Stork 2019/ 5779
13th musical Summer in the Synagogue under White Stork. A cycle of concerts by European artists presenting the musical wealth of national minorities.
On 21st July, the 13th musical Summer in the Synagogue under White Stork will start. This annual festival consists of a cycle of concerts by European artists presenting not only the musical wealth of national minorities, but also the influences of klezmer music and folk music on other genres, such as avant-garde or jazz.
Concerts will take place at 6:00 p.m. on Sundays (21st July – 1st September).
Music is the universal language that everyone can understand, but this special project also focuses on the language of speech – songs sung in various European languages, including dying languages such as Yiddish and Ladino, carry an additional value for listeners.
- 21st July, 6:00 p.m. – Karolina Trybała & Ensemble CANNELLE (Lora Kostina, Shir-Ran Yinon, Athina Kontou) will sing songs from the 1920s and 1930s in Polish, French, Russian, German, English and Yiddish
- 28th July, 6:00 p.m. – “Celebrating Yiddish and Ladino” – Bente Kahan and Gerard Edery will perform Yiddish songs from the Ashkenazi diaspora and Ladino songs from the Sephardic diaspora
- 4th August, 6:00 p.m. – Daniel Weltlinger and his band will present their new personal album Szolnok, which combines Gypsy swing, klezmer music and jazz
- 18th August, 6:00 p.m. – Duo Shira (Shira Karmon & Ronen Nissan) with classical Israeli music
- 25th August, 6:00 p.m. – world-renowned musicians and promising young talents will present classical pieces as a part of the International Krzyżowa Music Festival
- 1st September, 6:00 p.m. – “Unfinished Lives” – a concert to be held as a part of the European Day of Jewish Culture, commemorating the 80th anniversary of the outbreak of World War II and restoring to the audience works and compositions created by artists in ghettos and concentration camps despite the Holocaust. The concert is prepared in co-operation with the National Music Forum. Performing artists: Bente Kahan, Anna Błaut, Ronen Nissan, Marcin Markowicz, Malwina Kotz, Marzena Malinowska, Jan Skopowski, Mirek Mały
Tickets: 35 PLN/25 PLN available in MediaMarkt shops, at ticketmaster.pl and one hour before the concert in the Synagogue. Contact: / phone (text message): 692 804 540.
The project is co-financed from the funds of the Wroclaw Commune (www.wroclaw.pl).