Polish Theatre - Chamber Stage
Before the war in ul. Świdnicka 48 there was a cinema Kammer-Lichtspiele. Unfortunately, during the Festung Breslau siege in 1945 it was totally destroyed. After the war, Jewish theatre groups decided to rebuild the building.
Thanks to collections, donations and contribution of different people, a theatre hall of Lower Silesian Jewish Theatre (Dolnośląski Teatr Żydowski) was built. It had a balcony and 475 seats. The screen was replaced with a wide proscenium. On the 2nd of April 1949 the theatre was officially opened.
Polish Theatre started to use the stage in 1949. The main inauguration was the premiere of Leon Kruczkowski’s “Niemcy”, directed by Maryna Broniewska (29th of October 1949). The building was given to Polish Theatre in 1990.
Chamber Stage of Polish Theatre offers comedies and music spectacles.