Old Jewish Cemetery
The Jewish community bought a terrain for the new cemetery in 1854, then it was extended a few times. The first interment took place in 1856, the last one in 1942. Today it is the Museum of Cemtery Art.
The chapel and the building were designed by Richard and Paul Elrich. Many famous doctors, scientists, social activists and artists are buried here.
Since 1988 the cemetery has been a part of the City Museum of Wrocław - the Museum of Cemetery Art (Muzeum Miejskie Wrocławia - Muzeum Sztuki Cmentarnej). In the medieval times the Jewish were buried in the cemetery at Oławskie Przedmieście. Jewish cemeteries were also in today’s ul. Gwarna and ul. Lotnicza (the latter is still functioning).