Musica Electronica Nova 2019
The new artistic director of the Musica Electronica Nova festival is Pierre Jodlowski – a French composer with Polish roots.
The 9th edition of the Musica Electronica Nova festival is entitled ‘Signs’. This theme will be emphasized at the opening of the festival with a screening of Stanley Kubrick’s 2001. A Space Odyssey accompanied by live music performed by the NFM Wrocław Philharmonic and the NFM Choir. Through this inauguration, the organisers also want to define the Musica Electronica Nova as an interdisciplinary festival within which genres and aesthetics intersect.
For this reason, international artists have been invited, including the Yuval Pick ballet company (France), which will present one of their most important projects: Ply, new edit with the original composition by Ashley Fure, one of the most promising composers from the USA.
During this edition, the organisers also want to introduce a new way of creating concert programmes called ‘Private Room’. Instead of compiling several artistic universes, they choose only one artist who will present himself during this special evening. At the first ‘Private Room’, a German composer Alexander Schubert will perform.
There will also be premieres at the festival,including are there hidden figures? for string quartet, electronics and video by Monika Szpyrka.
Musica Electronica Nova is not only concerts. It also includes short meetings with composers, during which there will be an opportunity to talk about their daily work, and accompanying events prepared specially for this edition of the festival.
Source: Pierre Jodlowski/Artistic Director of MEN
Programme of the festival
- 17.05.2019, 7:00 p.m., Programme: Space Odyssey 2001, dir. Stanley Kubrick/film screening with live music
- 18.05.2019, 8:00 p.m., PLY, NEW EDIT/Contemporary dance/Company CCNR
- 19-21.05.2019, Sunday-Tuesday, 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m., MINI ACOUSMA FORUM/Mariusz Gradowski – host
- 19.05.2019, 6:00 p.m., NDS 1, Vernissage of the installation – performance
- 19.05.2019, 8:30 p.m., ONE 2 ONE/Electroacoustic music scene in Poland – talk with Elżbieta Sikora
- 19.05.2019, 9:00 p.m., Electroacoustic concert/Elżbieta Sikora – curator, performer
- 20.05.2019, 6:00 p.m., [re]BO[u]NDS 2/Talk – performance
- 20.05.2019, 7:00 p.m., REVERSE SIMULTANEOUS, Accompanying event – concert of the Wrocław Division of Polish Composers’ Union
- 21.05.2019, 6:00 p.m., ACOUSMA FORUM – ITALY. Electroacoustic concert
- 21.05.2019, 7:00 p.m., ACOUSMA FORUM – MEXICO. Electroacoustic concert
- 21.05.2019, 8:00 p.m., ACOUSMA FORUM – POLAND. Electroacoustic concert
- 22.05.2019, 7:00 p.m., HERR THADDÄUS: PAWEŁ MYKIETYN. Multimedia concert
- 23.05.2019, 7:00 p.m., ONE 2 ONE
- 23.05.2019, 8:00 p.m., STRINGS, VIDEO & ELECTRONICS. Multimedia concert
- 24.05.2019, 12:00 p.m., PIANO RECITAL FOR CHILDREN. Concert for children
- 24.05.2019, 7:00 p.m., PIANO, VIDEO & ELECTRONICS
- 25.05.2019, 7:00 p.m., ONE 2 ONE, Private Room – talk with Alexander Schubert
- 25.05.2019, 8:00 p.m., PRIVATE ROOM: ALEXANDER SCHUBERT Special concert, Nadar Ensemble