Wrocław Afrykarium is the only theme oceanarium devoted solely to the African fauna. On average, 2.5 thousand people visit it on the weekdays.
Warning! On Monday, March 5 Afrykarium at Zoo Wrocław will be closed due to maintenance break. We apologise for any inconvenience.
The idea of Wrocław Afrykarium is to present the selected ecosystems of Africa, including:
- The Red Sea - the coral reef and the fish of the reef,
- The Red Sea beach - desert tortoises, The African Great Lakes (Tanganyika and Malawi) - about 50 various species of fish - cichlids,
- The Mozambique Channel - rays, hammerhead sharks, zebra sharks,
- Eastern Africa - Nile hippopotamuses and savannah animals: dassies (elephants relatives), aardvarks (confused with anteaters), and dik-diks (one of the smallest antelopes);
- Coast of Namibia - the exterior pools in Afrykarium, inhabited by jackass penguins and South African fur seals (sea lions’ relatives);
- Congo River jungle - crocodiles, otters, manatees and fish - tilapias and different species of birds.
Afrykarium was built to the newest technologies, never used in Poland before.
- do not bring food and drinks inside so they do not fall into the aquariums, pools or enclosure and not harm the animals;
- do not put hands in the aquariums, pools or over the fences, do not throw food and other objects because they can harm the animals or even kill them;
- do not use flash, do not knock on glass so as not to stress the animals.