Museum of Pharmacy
The Museum of Pharmacy in Wrocław is a scientific institution under patronage of Faculty of Pharmacy of Wrocław Medical University.
The Museum of Pharmacy in Wrocław (Muzeum Farmacji) is a scientific institution under patronage of Faculty of Pharmacy of Wrocław Medical University. The Museum is devoted to the history of science and development of health and medicine. A chronological order of the exhibition indicates it clearly. From the alchemy workshop in the cellar, through the Renaissance pharmacy on the ground floor, the exhibition devoted to natural medicine and old tools, to the second floor exhibition presenting analytical measuring devices and both synthetic and semisynthetic medicines.
The tenement house of the Museum is the only Polish Renaissance-Classicist building and the only place in Poland where, since the second half of the 12th century till the 50s of the 20th century, a private pharmacy had been functioning.
- The entrance is free.
- The description from the Museum’s website.
- The visits start every full hour.
- The last visitors are kindly asked to arrive around 2pm and on Thursdays at 4pm.
- Guided tours for groups over 5 people, booked at least one day before the visit.
- The Museum do not have an English speaking guide.