For many years the bridge has been a popular meeting spot for the couples in love. It is a tradition for them to put padlocks on the bridge and throw the keys into the Oder as a sign of their love.
Tumski Bridge (Most Tumskconnects Piaskowa Island and Ostrów Tumski. A steel construction from 1889 was built in the place where bridges had been built since the 12th century. For many years they used to connect the two parts of the city: the one governed by the Church, and the one under the civil authority. There are two statues on the sides: Saint Hedwig and Saint John the Baptist.