Centennial Hall was recognised as one of the greatest architectonic achievements of the 20th century. It was designed to serve the citizens of Wrocław and the guests visiting the capital of Lower Silesia.
The monumental building was opened in 1913 on the 100th anniversary of the Battle of Leipzig, won by the anti-French coalition against Napoleon Bonaparte. On this occasion, Wrocław hosted the Centennial Exhibition. Max Berg, the then city architect, designed a massive exhibition hall built with the use of the novel reinforced concrete technology. The dome of the Hall spans 65m and the building is 42m high. The main hall is surrounded by the corridors. It can fit 10 thousand people.
The multifunctional space, unconventional construction, interesting and spacious location are only a few of the Halls assets. The Centennial Hall (Hala Stulecia) is currently one of the most wanted places to organise exhibitions, conferences, congresses, cultural and sporting events from Poland and from abroad.
Its significance raised considerably in 2006 when the Hall became a part of UNESCO World Heritage List.