Christmas Market 2018 in Wrocław
The Christmas Fair in Wroclaw is one of the most beautiful fairs. Christmas Market from 23 November until 31 December 2018 from 10 am to 9 pm. Visitors are in for a wealth of attractions and surprises.
The Wroclaw Market Square becomes a background for the magical scenery where lots of Christmas surprises and attractions await Wroclaw inhabitants and tourists among Christmas trees with a forest aroma, the aroma of mulled wine and chocolate gingerbreads.
More space for Christmas magic
The Fair will be located at Plac Solny, where bubble waffles, Roti butter rolls, potato pancakes, cepelinai, potatoes with cottage cheese, baked hams, original halva, highlander’s cheeses, chocolate gingerbreads, unique Ukrainian pottery, Christmas wooden decorations and natural cosmetics will be available.
In a small house with a viewing terrace you can taste hot beverages while admiring the panorama of the Christmas Fair.
Christmas attractions in fairy tale climate
In the Fairy Forest, fairy tales such as ‘Red Riding Hood’, ‘About a Brave Tailor’s Son’, ‘Snow White’ or ‘Pinokio’ will be waiting for the youngest guests of the Fair – and this is only a part of this incredible adventure.
The Land of Dwarves and Reindeers will welcome kids near the Fredro Monument. Beside the single-floor Under the Dwarf House guarded by Dwarves, a Dwarf’s Mushroom will appear, into which you can enter and take a commemorative photo. Right next to it, a illuminated sledge with colourful gifts will emerge, and Santa Claus’ cart with Rudolph the Reindeer will park nearby.
Near the Wroclaw Christmas tree, a children’s carousel ‘Rudolph and Friends’ will appear. On the north frontage of the Market Square, there will also be the Fireplace House with open-air fireplaces where you can warm yourself up beside the real fire and aromatic Wroclaw mulled wine, and the Gate of the Christmas Fair, which will introduce all guests into the magical Christmas climate, opening up at Świdnicka Street.
A number of unusual artistic events will introduce you into the magical climate, too.
- 5:00 p.m. – Official opening ceremony of the Christmas Fair
- 5:00 p.m. – Magical Show ‘Christmas Enchanted in Fairy Tales’
- 5:30 p.m. – Welcome of Santa Claus
- 6:00 p.m. – Official illumination of the Christmas tree
- 5:30 p.m. – Santa Claus’ artistic performances
- 5:00 p.m. – Christmas Parade with Santa Claus, with the finale at the stage beside the Christmas tree
- 5:00 p.m. – Parade of Wroclaw Elves
- 5:00 p.m. – Christmas Eve Procession of Carolers
- 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. – ‘Christmas Eve for the Lonely and the Needy’ with accompaniment by Gieni Dudki and Servoos bands – organiser: the City of Wroclaw.
CHRISTMAS STAGE (beside the Christmas tree)
- Artistic performances: from 10th till 14th December 2018, every day from 4:00 p.m.
- Special event: 15th December 2018 (Saturday) – Wroclaw Carol Singing
Movie Gate – Film Art Gallery – in the underground bunker at Plac Solny
Shows provided by “Crazy Santa Claus"
- Monday-Thursday: 11:30 a.m., 1:00 p.m., 3:00 p.m., 5:00 p.m.
- Friday-Sunday: 11:00 a.m., 1:00 p.m., 3:00 p.m., 5:00 p.m., 7:00 p.m.
for more information, visit: www.moviegate.pl