Wroclaw festivals in July. Where to go
New Horizons for cinema-goers, Vertigo for jazz fans, classical organ festivals and Evenings at Arsenal, and something for fantasy lovers. See what attractions you can expect during major events in July.
Evenings at Arsenal Festival
As every year, the Wratislavia Chamber Orchestra and its artistic director Jan Stanienda invite you to attend another Chamber Music Festival “Evenings at Arsenal" at the end of June and at the beginning of July. The audience will have an opportunity to listen to open-air concerts in the courtyard of the historic Arsenal building in Wroclaw from 28thJune till 7th July.
Vertigo Summer Jazz Festival (until 31st July)
Jazz music on city beaches, roofs, in hotels or parks. Most concerts are available for free; there are some events with ticket-based admission.
- Mondays: CITY BEACHES: ZaZoo, Forma Płynna, Prosto z Mostu, OdRana/free of charge
- Tuesdays: TRANSPORT: jazz tram/free of charge, train/ticket, ship/ticket
- Wednesdays: CITY ROOFS: Save The World, Monopol, Urban Garden, Wroclavia, DH Renoma Trading House/tickets
- Thursdays: HOTELS: Art Hotel, AC Hotel by Marriott, Puro, Q Hotel Plus/tickets
- Fridays: VERTIGO JAZZ CLUB & RESTAURANT/tickets
- Saturdays, 3:00 p.m. PARKS: Południowy, Staromiejski, Anders Park/Forest Bar, Tołpa Park/free of charge
- Sunday, 3:00 p.m., DALIOWA ISLAND/free of charge
- Month of Meet-the-Author Sessions (3rd July – 1st August)
Meet the author sessions
During this literary festival are held in the Proza Club and the Mediatheque. This year’s event is dominated by Romanian literature, and its guests will include Angelus Award winner Varujan Vosganian, Lucian Dan Teodorovici, Ioana Pârvulescu, and a number of Polish writers: Hubert Klimko-Dobrzaniecki, Małgorzata Rejmer, and Marek Krajewski. Entrance is free.
Two meetings will be held every day: at 7:00 p.m. (authors from Poland, Czech Republic and Ukraine) and 8:30 p.m. (a Romanian author).
Fantasy Days (5th July)
One of favourite summer events of Wroclaw inhabitants and visitors. Discussions, lectures, meet-the-author sessions, presentations and workshops will take place all day long in the Zamek Culture Centre in Leśnica on Friday 5th July. There will be topics addressed to fans of comic strips (Thorgal and not only), films and books.
Booking of seats is required for some items of the program. Booking is possible only if a ticket is pre-ordered.
Organ Evenings in the Church of Divine Providence (till 25th August)
In the Protestant temple at Kazimierza Wielkiego, recitals of interesting organists will be held every Sunday (at 7:00 p.m.) till the end of August. Entrance is free
brak terminów w najbliższym czasie.
- 30/06 Michał Białko
- 07/07 Matthias Bohlert
- 14/07 Ernst Wally
- 21/07 Wolfgang Zerer
- 28/07 Matthias Schmelmer
- 04/08 Marek Toporowski
- 11/08 Krzysztof Lukas
- 18/08 Jerzy Kukla
- 25/08 Christoph Bossert
Non Sola Scripta Festival (till 1st September)
This year the best-known organ festival in Wroclaw has gained a patron: Johannes Brahms, and the program includes many pieces of this outstanding composer having ties with Wroclaw.
Collegiate Church of the Holy Cross and Saint Bartholomew, Ostrów Tumski. Tickets.
07/07, 8:00 p.m., Andrzej Chorosiński – organ, Konstanty Andrzej Kulka – violin, Camerata Vistula, Wratislavia Trompet Consort, SPECIAL GUEST: Her Excellency Rector of the University of Wrocław Professor Adam Jezierski, PhD
- 14/07, 8:00 p.m., Olimpio Medori (Italy) – organ, Agnieszka and Witold Kozakowski – guitar duo
- 21/07, 8:00 p.m., Aneta and Łukasz Romanek – organ duo
- 28/07, 8.00 p.m., Leszek Gorecki – organ, Halina Frąckowiak – vocal, Michał Chorosiński – recitations
- 04/08, 8:00 p.m., Henryk Botor – organ, Klaudiusz Baran – accordion
- 11/08, 8:00 p.m., Giulio Mercati (Switzerland) – organ, Lidia Batsterretxea (Spain) – soprano
- 18/08, 8:00 p.m., Paweł Wróbel – organ, Barbara Malcolm – violin
- 25/08, 8:00 p.m., Giampaolo di Rosa (Italy) – organ, Włodek Pawlik – piano
- 01/09, 8:00 p.m., Bartosz Jakubczak – organ, Paweł Gusnar – saxophone, Students’ Artistic & Scientific Circle of Early Vocal Music. Soloists
New Horizons International Film Festival (from 25th July)
One of the most prestigious film festivals in this part of Europe is appreciated for its ambitious program concept. This year’s repertoire contains hits from festivals in Cannes or Berlin, retrospectives and novelties from around the world. There will be film shows again on the big screen in the Market Square (for free), and tickets will be sold for a majority of other events. Passes are already sold out, but individual tickets will be on sale from 17th July.