Cigarettes and alcohol
Data aktualizacji: 2022-10-12
Alcohol and cigarettes go hand in hand with having fun, but their use is subject to Polish provisions of law.
- It is sold only to adults, i.e., people who are at least 18 years old.
- Drinking alcohol is prohibited in public places, such as parks, shop areas or railway stations.
- The consumption of alcohol is allowed in separate areas during mass events and in summer gardens.
- Drunk people and those who disrupt order under the influence of alcohol are carried to the Wroclaw Centre for Aid to Intoxicated Persons, where they stay under a doctor’s care for maximum one day. Such a stay costs 300 PLN.
- In Wroclaw, the sale of alcohol is prohibited in shops in the zone of the Cultural Park (the Market Square and its surroundings) from 10:00 p.m. till 6:00 a.m.
- It is sold to persons who are at least 18 years old.
- The law prohibits smoking in public places, such as railway stations, airports, means of transport, bus/tram stops, hospitals, offices, restaurants and pubs.
- Smoking is permitted in specially designated areas, in isolated rooms in catering establishments and in non-built-up café gardens.
- The possession and trafficking of drugs is prohibited and punishable under Polish law.